I’d like to introduce you to Erika Skublickaite. She’s the creator of Scuba Drawings, which is now two years old. If you aren’t familiar with her work, take a moment to drop by and enjoy her unique and whimsical approach and tell her congrats while you’re at it. It has been an honor to have her as aFeatured Artist at Ink & Alchemy for quite some time now and I’ve enjoyed seeing her business grow.
January is gone and I’ve managed to squelch my perfectionism and keep my creative momentum going into the new month. This in itself is a small victory. I’m still working my way through Lifebook 2014 and will be all year so you’ll be seeing bits and pieces from that course. Here are a few images from this past week’s assignment:
This month has been dubbed The Month of Amore in our house. February marks our wedding anniversary (the big three this year), our first date, and Valentine’s Day. The Don gets most of the credit; he came up with the idea and is an expert at coming up with small surprises and treats on a regular basis, but this year I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve as well. One of them is called The Boozy Brunch of Amore and will take place next Sunday morning. I got the idea from this book. I’m pretty excited!
You can see that I have my work cut out for me this month to keep up with my husband. Luckily, I don’t think he actually expects me to keep up with him. He’s pretty terrific.
I got started by making this rustic pear tart for dessert this evening.
Have you noticed that we tend to express our affection through food? I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. My life has been so much more delicious since I found The Don.
In preparation to beginning a new project in the studio, I got out a nice, fresh sheet of paper. Guess what happened next?
Yep. Groucho decided to roll around on it. I’m wondering if I should start adding “cat hair” when I list the media used for my artwork.
And last, but not least, I was pleased to be nominated for the Leibster Award. Thank you, Ernesto San Giacomo! As part of the process, I’ll answer his 10 questions below, then nominate 10 other bloggers and present them with 10 questions of my own.
1. If you could have dinner with any five people from history, who would they be? Steve Jobs, Mother Teresa, Albert Einstein, Leonardo de Vinci, William Shakespeare.
2. How many pets do you own and what are their names? 2 cats and one dog (plus one temporarily adopted grandcat). Their names are Emma, Groucho, Chopper and Socks.
3. Do you know how to cook? If so, what is your best dish? Yes, but my husband is much better at it than I, so I stick to baking most of the time. My best dish is homemade bread.
4. What hobbies do you have? Art, writing, social media promotion.
5. List your five favorite films. The Notebook (Stop groaning. I can hear you out there.), K-Pax, Slingblade, Legends of the Fall, The Sweetest Thing.
6. List your five favorite books. To Kill a Mockingbird, Cloud Atlas, Let the Great World Spin, A Good Scent from A Strange Mountain, The Glass Castle.
7. Do you practice any religion? Nope.
8. What is your dream vacation? Tropical beach with drinks and book in hand.
9. Where do you get ideas for blog posts? Anywhere & everywhere.
10. What prompted you to start writing? I’ve been writing in one form or another for a very long time. It just seems natural.
And I’ll take the lazy girl’s way and stick with the same 10 questions for my nominees, although I’d like to offer the award with no strings attached. If you don’t want to answer the questions, you don’t have to. The award is still yours because I think you’re terrific!
My nominees are:
I’m wishing you a wonderful and creative week!